Any thoughts or comments about zoning rewrite priorities?
Citizens who attended the April 26th public meeting were asked to identify issues that deserve priority attention as part of the zoning rewrite. The following topics were identified. What do you think? Do you have thoughts about these issues, or do you have additional suggestions? We'd love to hear.
- PCID needs attention as part of rewrite
- Local government land use controls vs. private HOA covenants
- Clarity of definition and regulations governing duplexes
- Infill development in neighborhoods/character of teardowns
- "Grandfathering" of approved development/activity
- Property maintenance standards and compliance
- Permissions for multi-family development
- Impact of development on infrastructure or services
- Relationship between zoning and other city programs/policies
- Clear definitions (i.e. “home business”)
- Regulations related to impacts or nuisances
- Nonconformities and existing development meeting new standards over time